Voice: Practical Assessment and Management Primer for the Medical SLP Generalist
Presented By: Kate Krival, PhD CCC-SLP
After this webinar, you will be able to…
- Describe a voice assessment that includes auditory-perceptual ratings, acoustic data, patient-reported outcome measures, and vocal probes.
- Describe why laryngeal imaging is essential prior to implementation of a voice management program.
- Identify at least three specific approaches to facilitating optimal laryngeal engagement in patients with hyper- or hypo- functional voice.
- 0-5 Minutes: Introduction
- 5-35 Minutes: Assessment
- 35-50 Minutes: Treatment Approaches
- 55-60 Minutes: Summary and Q&A
ASHA Continuing Education Units (CEUs): This program is offered for 0.1 ASHA CEUs (Introductory level, Professional area)
Kate Krival, PhD CCC-SLP
After practicing since 1985 as a medical speech-language pathologist, Dr. Krival earned the Ph.D. in Communication Sciences and Disorders in 2007 from the University of Cincinnati. She is an Associate Professor at Edinboro University of Pennsylvania where she teaches graduate and undergraduate courses in anatomy, neuroscience, counseling, dysphagia, motor speech disorders, and voice. She supervises graduate student clinicians who see clients with voice disorders, and provides evaluation and management services directly to voice clients as well.
Disclosure Statements: Kate Krival, PhD CCC-SLP is an Associate Professor at Edinboro University and is a presenter for The SLP Solution.
- Financial— Receives payment for presenting this information. Associate Professor: Edinboro University
- Nonfinancial— Member of ASHA’s SIG 3
Additional Info and FAQ:
Can I get continuing education for this webinar?
After watching the webinar, you will need to pass a short quiz with at least 80% accuracy to obtain credit for your participation. The link to the quiz will be emailed to you seperately. Once completed, we will email you a certificate of completion within 48 hours.
If you’d like to earn ASHA CEUs for the presentation, we can report your completion to ASHA. ASHA CEUs are awarded to those that meet eligibility criteria by the ASHA CE Registry upon receipt of the ASHA CEU Participant Form from the ASHA Approved CE Provider.
What is the Refund/Cancellation Policy?
Click here to view our policy: https://mobiledysphagiadiagnostics.com/cancellations-of-courses-and-events/
What can I do if I have a complaint?
Please contact us at email@example.com
Who is this webinar appropriate for?
The target audience for this webinar is licensed speech-language pathologists. There are no prerequisite skills or knowledge needed beyond the basic speech-language pathology training and licensing.
What if I need special accommodations?
If you require accommodations to access these materials due to a disability, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org