The Clinical Swallowing Evaluation (CSE) – Deciphering the CSE
Presented by: Tiffani Wallace, MA, CCC-SLP, BCS-S
After this webinar, you will be able to…
- Describe components of a Clinical Swallowing Evaluation.
- List the reasons why an interview may give you relevant information.
- Describe how to complete a cranial nerve exam.
- Describe how medications and lab values can affect the swallowing process.
- List examples of assessment protocols that are standardized and reliable.
- 0-5 Minutes: Introduction
- 5-20 Minutes: Chart Review and Interview
- 25-40 Minutes: Cranial Nerve Exam
- 40-50 Minutes: Trials
- 50-60 Minutes: Summary and Q&A
ASHA Continuing Education Units (CEUs): This program is offered for 0.1 ASHA CEUs (Introductory level, Professional area)
Tiffani Wallace, MA, CCC-SLP, BCS-S travels around the US and Canada speaking on the topic of dysphagia for PESI and Speech and Voice Enterprises, and she has presented several webinars through SpeechPathology.com and Northern Speech Services. Tiffani is the author of Dysphagia Ramblings, co-author of the app Dysphagia2Go, author of the iScreen Aphasia app, and the creator/administrator of several Facebook dysphagia groups. Tiffani is the co-author of The Adult Dysphagia Clinician’s Pocket Guide: From Neuroanatomy to Clinical Practice from Plural Publishing.
- Financial— Tiffani is a co-author of the app Dysphagia2Go and iScreen Aphasia through SmartyEars and does receive a royalty from each purchase of this app. Tiffani is also the co-author of the app Dysphagia Therapy from Tactus Therapy and does receive a royalty from each purchase of this app. Tiffani has presented webinars for PESI, NSS and Speech Pathology.com and receives royalties/honorarium. Tiffani is paid an honorarium for this presentation. Tiffani is a co-author of The Adult Dysphagia Pocket Guide: Neuroanatomy to Clinical Practice through Plural Publishing and receives a royalty for each book sold. Tiffani is the owner and endoscopist at Hoosier Mobile Dysphagia Solutions, a mobile FEES company in north central Indiana.
- Non-financial— Tiffani is the administrator and creator of the Facebook groups: Dysphagia Therapy, Dysphagia Therapy-Professional Edition and Dysphagia Support. Tiffani is the author and owner of Dysphagia Ramblings (dysphagiaramblings.net)
Additional Info and FAQ:
Can I get continuing education for this webinar?
After watching the webinar, you will need to pass a short quiz with at least 80% accuracy to obtain credit for your participation. The link to the quiz will be emailed to you seperately. Once completed, we will email you a certificate of completion within 48 hours.
If you’d like to earn ASHA CEUs for the presentation, we can report your completion to ASHA. ASHA CEUs are awarded to those that meet eligibility criteria by the ASHA CE Registry upon receipt of the ASHA CEU Participant Form from the ASHA Approved CE Provider.
What is the Refund/Cancellation Policy?
Click here to view our policy: https://mobiledysphagiadiagnostics.com/cancellations-of-courses-and-events/
What can I do if I have a complaint?
Please contact us at email@example.com
Who is this webinar appropriate for?
The target audience for this webinar is licensed speech-language pathologists. There are no prerequisite skills or knowledge needed beyond the basic speech-language pathology training and licensing.
What if I need special accommodations?
If you require accommodations to access these materials due to a disability, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org