Person-Centered Care for People with Dementia: Goals, Maintenance and Caregiver Strategies – Live Webinar
Presented by: Natalie Douglas, Ph.D., CCC-SLP
Wednesday, June 26th, 2019
8:30 PM EST / 7:30 PM CST / 6:30 PM MST / 5:30 PM PST
After this webinar, you will be able to…
- List 3 goals for person-centered, evidenced-based cognitive-communication treatment for people with dementia.
- Describe 3 components of a person-centered maintenance plan for someone living with dementia.
- List 4 strategies to support person-centered care through caregiver training.
- 8:30-8:35 PM – Introduction
- 8:35-8:45 PM – Review of evidence-based, person-centered care for people with dementia – key concepts and updates
- 8:45-9:00 PM – Case 1 – Person-centered, evidence-based cognitive-communication assessment and treatment example, goal writing
- 9:00-9:15 PM – Case 1 – Maintenance planning and caregiver strategies/training
- 9:15-9:30 PM – Case 2 – Person-centered, evidence-based cognitive-communication assessment and treatment example, goal writing
- 9:30-9:45 PM – Case 2 – Maintenance planning and caregiver strategies/training
- 9:45-10:00 PM – Case 3 – Person-centered, evidence-based cognitive-communication assessment and treatment example, goal writing
- 10:00-10:15 PM – Case 3 Maintenance planning and caregiver strategies/training
- 10:15-10:20PM – Wrap-up, conclusion
- 10:20-10:30PM – Questions/discussion
This program is offered for 0.2 ASHA CEUs (Intermediate level, Professional area)
Additional Info and FAQ:
Can I get continuing education for this webinar?
After watching the webinar, you will need to pass a short quiz with at least 80% accuracy to obtain credit for your participation. The link to the quiz will be emailed to you. Once completed, we will email you a certificate of completion within 48 hours. You have 14 days to complete the test.
If you’d like to earn ASHA CEUs for the presentation, we can report your completion to ASHA. ASHA CEUs are awarded to those that meet eligibility criteria by the ASHA CE Registry upon receipt of the ASHA CEU Participant Form from the ASHA Approved CE Provider.
What is the Refund/Cancellation Policy?
Click here to view our policy: https://mobiledysphagiadiagnostics.com/cancellations-of-courses-and-events/
What can I do if I have a complaint?
Please contact us at email@example.com
Who is this webinar appropriate for?
The target audience for this webinar is licensed speech-language pathologists. There are no prerequisite skills or knowledge needed beyond the basic speech-language pathology training and licensing.
What if I need special accommodations?
If you require accommodations to access these materials due to a disability, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org