Informed Consent in Dysphagia: The Legal and Ethical Challenges – Replay Webinar
Presented by: Hillary Cooper, MA, CCC-SLP and Michelle Coffaro, MS, CCC-SLP
Start Date: 12/01/2019 | End Date: 12/01/2024
After this webinar, you will be able to…
- Identify three main components of the Patient Self Determination Act of 1990 that apply to the informed consent process.
- Describe the dietary modification recommendation informed consent process.
- Identify the differences between “coercive” and “non-coercive” strategies for ethically managing patients who choose diets other than what is clinically recommended.
- 0-5 Minutes: Introduction
- 5-25 Minutes: Litigation in Dysphagia (an overview)
- 25-45 Minutes: All about the Patient Self Determination Act of 1990
- 45-75 Minutes: Waivers, Hospice, & PEGS, Oh My!
- 75-100 Minutes: Navigating the Informed Consent Process
- 100-120 Minutes: Case Scenarios/ Q&A
This program is offered for 0.2 ASHA CEUs (Intermediate level, Related area)
Additional Info and FAQ:
Can I get continuing education for this webinar?
After watching the webinar, you will need to pass a short quiz with at least 80% accuracy to obtain credit for your participation. The link to the quiz will be emailed to you. Once completed, we will email you a certificate of completion within 48 hours. You have 14 days to complete the test.
If you’d like to earn ASHA CEUs for the presentation, we can report your completion to ASHA. ASHA CEUs are awarded to those that meet eligibility criteria by the ASHA CE Registry upon receipt of the ASHA CEU Participant Form from the ASHA Approved CE Provider.
What is the Refund/Cancellation Policy?
Click here to view our policy: https://mobiledysphagiadiagnostics.com/cancellations-of-courses-and-events/
What can I do if I have a complaint?
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Who is this webinar appropriate for?
The target audience for this webinar is licensed speech-language pathologists. There are no prerequisite skills or knowledge needed beyond the basic speech-language pathology training and licensing.
What if I need special accommodations?
If you require accommodations to access these materials due to a disability, please email us at email@example.com
Informed Consent in Dysphagia: The Challenges of Balancing Patient’s Rights and Provider Best Practices – Replay Webinar Registration