Presented by: John Holahan, BS, MBA. President and Founder of SimplyThick, LLC
Thursday, March 28th, 2019
8:30 PM EST / 7:30 PM CST / 6:30 PM MST / 5:30 PM PST
After this webinar, you will be able to…
- Define the International Dysphagia Diet Standardisation Initiative (IDDSI).
- List the differences between National Dysphagia Diet (NDD) and IDDSI.
- Describe how to test foods at bedside for IDDSI diet levels.
Financial/In-Kind Support – SimplyThick is providing thickener packets and supplies.
- 8:30 – 8:40 Introduce Speaker and background
- 8:40 – 9:00 IDDSI Origin Story
- 9:00 – 9:20 IDDSI Diet Overview – diet levels and descriptors
- 9:20 – 9:40 IDDSI Test Methods – overview, videos, rationale
- 9:40 – 9:50 IDDSI Implementation
Mixing and testing liquids with powder
Mixing and testing liquids with gel
Comparing a compliant syringe to a non-compliant syringe
- 9:50 -10:15 Test Method Hands On demos 10:15 -10:30 Questions and Answers
This program is offered for 0.2 ASHA CEUs (Intermediate level, Professional area)
John Holahan, BS, MBA. President and Founder of SimplyThick, LLC. SimplyThick is a financial supporter of IDDSI but has no input on the content or direction of IDDSI.
- Financial—John Holahan is the founder of SimplyThick, LLC and receives a salary.
- Non-financial— No relevant non-financial relationship exists.
Additional Info and FAQ:
Can I get continuing education for this webinar?
After watching the webinar, you will need to pass a short quiz with at least 80% accuracy to obtain credit for your participation. The link to the quiz will be emailed to you seperately. Once completed, we will email you a certificate of completion within 48 hours.
If you’d like to earn ASHA CEUs for the presentation, we can report your completion to ASHA. ASHA CEUs are awarded to those that meet eligibility criteria by the ASHA CE Registry upon receipt of the ASHA CEU Participant Form from the ASHA Approved CE Provider.
What is the Refund/Cancellation Policy?
Click here to view our policy: https://mobiledysphagiadiagnostics.com/cancellations-of-courses-and-events/
What can I do if I have a complaint?
Please contact us at email@example.com
Who is this webinar appropriate for?
The target audience for this webinar is licensed speech-language pathologists. There are no prerequisite skills or knowledge needed beyond the basic speech-language pathology training and licensing.
What if I need special accommodations?
If you require accommodations to access these materials due to a disability, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org