How to Ethically Use Online Groups to Get Help and Support as an SLP
Presented by: Jena Casbon, MS CCC-SLP, Carrie Clark, MA CCC-SLP & Theresa Richard, MA CCC-SLP, BCS-S
After this webinar, you will be able to…
- Identify 7 aspects of ASHA’s Code of Ethics that are applicable to getting support and help online.
- Identify a sample online post as appropriate or inappropriate when it comes to protecting client’s privacy.
- Describe how to evaluate advice given in an online group to determine if it follows evidence-based practice.
- Describe how to ethically market your services in online support groups and forums.
- 0-5 Minutes: Introduction
- 5-20 Minutes: Basics of Ethics When Using Online Resources by Carrie Clark
- 20-35 Minutes: Ethics of Using Online Support in the Medical Field
- 35-50 Minutes: Ethics of Using Online Support as a Business Owner
- 55-60 Minutes: Summary and Q&A
ASHA Continuing Education Units (CEUs): This program is offered for 0.1 ASHA CEUs (Introductory level, Professional area)
Carrie Clark, MA CCC-SLP
Carrie Clark is the founder and owner of Speech and Language Kids, LLC. Carrie has experience working in the public schools as well as in private practice. Carrie now runs the Speech and Language Kids website where she spends her time poring over the current research in the field of speech-language pathology and creating evidence-based trainings and resources for others in the field.
Disclosure Statements: Carrie Clark is the owner at SLP Solution
- Financial— Financial— Receives a salary from The SLP Solution as the owner and sole operator.
- Nonfinancial— No relevant nonfinancial relationship exists.
Jena Casbon, MS CCC-SLP
Jena Casbon is a private practice consultant who helps SLPs, OTs and PTs start their own private practices. Jena is the founder and owner of The Independent Clinician site where she has a ton of free content in addition to the books she has published.
Disclosure Statements: Jena Casbon was a staff member at The SLP Solution
- Financial— Received payments from SLP Solution for private practice memberships. Receives payments from her courses and e-books on her website The Independent Clinician.
- Nonfinancial— Posts free blog content on her website The Independent Clinician
Theresa Richard, MA CCC-SLP, BCS-S
Theresa Richard is a medical speech-language pathologist and is a board-certified specialist in swallowing and swallowing disorders. She hosts the very popular Swallow Your Pride Podcast and is the founder and owner of Mobile Dysphagia Diagnostics. She also created and ran the medical SLP membership on the SLP Solution, and now owns the MedSLP Collective.
Disclosure Statements: Theresa Richard was a staff member at The SLP Solution
- Financial— Received payments from SLP Solution for medical memberships. Owner of Mobile Dysphagia Diagnostics and the MedSLP Collective.
- Nonfinancial- No relevant nonfinancial relationship exists.
Additional Info and FAQ:
Can I get continuing education for this webinar?
After watching the webinar, you will need to pass a short quiz with at least 80% accuracy to obtain credit for your participation. The link to the quiz will be emailed to you seperately. Once completed, we will email you a certificate of completion within 48 hours.
If you’d like to earn ASHA CEUs for the presentation, we can report your completion to ASHA. ASHA CEUs are awarded to those that meet eligibility criteria by the ASHA CE Registry upon receipt of the ASHA CEU Participant Form from the ASHA Approved CE Provider.
What is the Refund/Cancellation Policy?
Click here to view our policy: https://mobiledysphagiadiagnostics.com/cancellations-of-courses-and-events/
What can I do if I have a complaint?
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Who is this webinar appropriate for?
The target audience for this webinar is licensed speech-language pathologists. There are no prerequisite skills or knowledge needed beyond the basic speech-language pathology training and licensing.
What if I need special accommodations?
If you require accommodations to access these materials due to a disability, please email us at email@example.com
How to Ethically Use Online Groups to Get Help and Support as an SLP Registration Form
*enter 00000000 if you do not know your ASHA number