Presented by: Yvette McCoy, MS CCC-SLP,BCS-S
After this webinar, you will be able to…
- Describe the difference between compensatory strategies vs. rehabilitative strategies in the management of dysphagia
- Describe the difference between skill vs. strength training in the management of dysphagia
- Identify specific compensatory and rehabilitative treatment approaches that promote safe swallowing and adequate nutrition/hydration in adults
- 0-5 Minutes: Introduction
- 5-15 Minutes Part I: Compensatory Strategies in Dysphagia Management
- 15-45 Minutes Part II: Rehabilitative Strategies: Skill vs. Strength Training In Dysphagia Management
- 45-55 Minutes Part III: Can some strategies be both Compensatory and Rehabilitative?
- 55-75 Minutes: Case studies
- 75-90 Minutes: Summary and Q&A
ASHA Continuing Education Units (CEUs): This program is offered for 0.15 ASHA CEUs (Introductory level, Professional area)
Yvette McCoy is a speech-language pathologist with over 25 years experience, specializing in adult neurological rehabilitation with a special interest in dysphagia and stroke rehabilitation. She owns Speak Well Solutions, LLC. She is certified by the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association, a board certified swallowing specialist, eight-time ACE Awardee, mentor and CFY supervisor. She currently serves on the Executive Board for the American Board of Swallowing and Swallowing Disorders, and is the Public Relations Committee Chair. She is a member of the Dysphagia Research Society where she has served on the Website Communications and Public Relations Committee. She is co-creator/author of the mobile app ‘Dysphagia Therapy’, and The Adult Dysphagia Clinician’s Pocket Guide: From Neuroanatomy to Clinical Practice by Plural Publishing. Finally, she is an adjunct instructor at the University of Maryland, College Park.
Disclosure Statements: Yvette McCoy is the owner at Speak Well Solutions, LLC
- Financial— Receives payment for presenting this information. Co-author of the Dysphagia Therapy app from Tactus Therapy and receives royalties, Co-author of The Adult Dysphagia Clinician’s Pocket Guide: From Neuroanatomy to Clinical Practice by Plural Publishing and receives royalties from each book sold.
- Nonfinancial— No relevant nonfinancial relationship exists.
Additional Info and FAQ:
Can I get continuing education for this webinar?
After watching the webinar, you will need to pass a short quiz with at least 80% accuracy to obtain credit for your participation. The link to the quiz will be emailed to you seperately. Once completed, we will email you a certificate of completion within 48 hours.
If you’d like to earn ASHA CEUs for the presentation, we can report your completion to ASHA. ASHA CEUs are awarded to those that meet eligibility criteria by the ASHA CE Registry upon receipt of the ASHA CEU Participant Form from the ASHA Approved CE Provider.
What is the Refund/Cancellation Policy?
Click here to view our policy: https://mobiledysphagiadiagnostics.com/cancellations-of-courses-and-events/
What can I do if I have a complaint?
Please contact us at email@example.com
Who is this webinar appropriate for?
The target audience for this webinar is licensed speech-language pathologists. There are no prerequisite skills or knowledge needed beyond the basic speech-language pathology training and licensing.
What if I need special accommodations?
If you require accommodations to access these materials due to a disability, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org