Current Trends & Practices in the Assessment of Patients Requiring Tracheostomy & Mechanical Ventilation
Presented by: Jamie D. Fisher, Ph.D., CCC-SLP
After this webinar, you will be able to…
- Identify current trends from research and evidence-based articles in the assessment of patients requiring tracheostomy and mechanical ventilation.
- Describe current research as it applies to clinical practice in the assessment of patients requiring tracheostomy and mechanical ventilation.
- Identify current trends in clinical practice in the assessment of patients requiring tracheostomy and mechanical ventilation.
- 0-15 Minutes: Current Trends in Research: Assessment – Communication and Swallowing
- 15-30 Minutes: Research-to-Practice: Assessment – Communication and Swallowing
- 30-45 Minutes: Current Trends in Clinical Practice: Assessment – Communication and Swallowing
- 45-60 Minutes: Q&A
ASHA Continuing Education Units (CEUs): This program is offered for 0.1 ASHA CEUs (Introductory level, Professional area)
Jamie D. Fisher, PhD, CCC-SLP received her PhD in Speech Language Pathology from Vanderbilt University. She is a speech-language pathologist (SLP)/endoscopist at Nashville Speech & Swallowing Specialists, PLLC and at various hospitals, sub-acute care facilities, and rehab facilities. Dr. Fisher holds ASHA Certificate of Clinical Competence, endorsement for endoscopy practice, and is a certified Fiberoptic Endoscopic Evaluation of Swallowing trainer. Dr. Fisher is an adjunct professor at University of Maryland – College Park. She has over ten years of experience as an SLP and her clinical interests include speech, language, dysphagia, Fiberoptic Endoscopic Evaluation of Swallowing/Modified Barium Swallow Studies, and working patients requiring tracheostomy/mechanical ventilation. Dr. Fisher is the creator and director of Preparing SLPs for Tracheostomy and Ventilator Patient Care Training Course.
Financial— Receives compensation from Mobile Dysphagia Diagnostics for presenting this material.
Nonfinancial— No relevant nonfinancial relationship exists.
Additional Info and FAQ:
Can I get continuing education for this webinar?
After watching the webinar, you will need to pass a short quiz with at least 80% accuracy to obtain credit for your participation. The link to the quiz will be emailed to you seperately. Once completed, we will email you a certificate of completion within 48 hours.
If you’d like to earn ASHA CEUs for the presentation, we can report your completion to ASHA. ASHA CEUs are awarded to those that meet eligibility criteria by the ASHA CE Registry upon receipt of the ASHA CEU Participant Form from the ASHA Approved CE Provider.
What is the Refund/Cancellation Policy?
Click here to view our policy: https://mobiledysphagiadiagnostics.com/cancellations-of-courses-and-events/
What can I do if I have a complaint?
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Who is this webinar appropriate for?
The target audience for this webinar is licensed speech-language pathologists. There are no prerequisite skills or knowledge needed beyond the basic speech-language pathology training and licensing.
What if I need special accommodations?
If you require accommodations to access these materials due to a disability, please email us at email@example.com