Clinical Writing for Dysphagia Diagnostics – Live Webinar
Presented by: Kelsey Day, MS, CCC-SLP
Saturday, August 14, 2021
$300 for Speech-Language Pathologists
$200 for Graduate Students/CFs (Graduation date must be in 2020 or later, student rate not eligible for ASHA CEUs)
11:00 AM EST / 8:00 AM PST – 8 PM EST / 5 PM PST
After this webinar, you will be able to…
- Describe the value of the medical record review in developing dysphagia hypotheses and diagnostic plans
- Identify “Assessment” statements of dysphagia reports that employ a holistic patient view
- Describe the process for dysphagia diagnostic report writing, utilizing an organized structure as a cognitive framework for clinical reasoning
- 11:00-11:15am EST: Introduction
- 11:15-11:30am EST: Navigating Report Directory
- 11:30-12:00pm EST: Value of Clinical Writing
- 12:00am-12:30pm EST: Pre-Test Reports
- 12:30-1:45pm EST: Report Writing for Clinical Swallow Evaluation (CSE)
- 1:45-2:00pm EST: Break
- 2:00-2:45pm EST: CSE Writing Workshop
- 2:45-3:15pm EST: Q&A
- 3:15-3:45pm EST: Lunch
- 3:45-4:30pm EST: Report Writing for Videofluoroscopic Swallow Studies (VFSS)
- 4:30-5:15pm EST: VFSS Writing Workshop
- 5:15-6:00pm EST: Report Writing for Flexible Endoscopic Evaluation of Swallowing (FEES)
- 6:00-6:45pm EST: FEES Writing Workshop
- 6:45-7:00pm EST: Break
- 7:00-7:30pm EST: Post-Test Reports
- 7:30-8:00 pm EST: Q&A
Kelsey Day, M.S., CCC-SLP is an acute care Speech-Language Pathologist (SLP) who specializes in dysphagia management for the medically-complex, critically-ill, and tracheostomy-dependent populations. Kelsey received her Master of Science from Northwestern University, where she received her dysphagia training from Dr. Jerilyn Logemann. She now serves as the Lead SLP at California Hospital Medical Center, a trauma and stroke center in downtown Los Angeles, where she supervises a team of nine SLPs. Kelsey is a Mentor for the Medical SLP Collective, guest lecturer at California State University, Fullerton, and presenter of multiple continuing education courses. She is an invited speaker on multiple podcasts, including “Swallow Your Pride” and “Speech Uncensored,” and dedicates her career to the education of new clinicians.
- Salary from California Hospital Medical Center
- Salary from the Medical SLP Collective
- Honoraria from California State University, Fullerton
- Speaker fees and royalties from “Clinical Writing for Dysphagia Diagnostics”
Additional Info and FAQ:
Can I get continuing education for this webinar?
After watching the webinar, you will need to pass a short quiz with at least 80% accuracy to obtain credit for your participation. The quiz will be located in the student area of the course website. Once completed, we will email you a certificate of completion within 14 days. You have 14 days to complete the test.
If you’d like to earn ASHA CEUs for the presentation, we can report your completion to ASHA. ASHA CEUs are awarded to those that meet eligibility criteria by the ASHA CE Registry upon receipt of the ASHA CEU Participant Form from the ASHA Approved CE Provider.
What is the Refund/Cancellation Policy?
Click here to view our policy: https://mobiledysphagiadiagnostics.com/cancellations-of-courses-and-events/
What can I do if I have a complaint?
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Who is this webinar appropriate for?
The target audience for this webinar is licensed speech-language pathologists, clinical fellows, and graduate students studying speech-language pathology. There are no prerequisite skills or knowledge needed beyond the basic speech-language pathology training. This course is not appropriate for undergraduate students.
What if I need special accommodations?
If you require accommodations to access these materials due to a disability, please email us at email@example.com
Register Here for
Clinical Writing for Dysphagia Diagnostics