Aphasia Therapy Essentials
Presented by: Megan Sutton, MS, CCC-SLP
After this webinar, you will be able to…
- Describe the role of the SLP in each medical setting
- Name treatment approaches appropriate for people with severe aphasia
- Identify treatment activities appropriate for people with mild word-finding problems
- 0-5 Minutes: Introduction
- 5-15 Minutes: Assessment & Goal Setting
- 15-25 Minutes: CPT & AAC
- 25-55 Minutes: Treatment Techniques
- 55-60 Minutes: Summary and Q&A
ASHA Continuing Education Units (CEUs): This program is offered for 0.1 ASHA CEUs (Introductory level, Professional area)
Megan Sutton, MS, CCC-SLP is an ASHA- and SAC-certified speech-language pathologist with 14 years of experience, specializing in aphasia. She designs apps for adult speech therapy through her company Tactus Therapy Solutions in Vancouver, Canada. Megan is a leading expert on incorporating technology into adult speech therapy for communication, speech, and swallowing disorders. She has worked in inpatient and outpatient rehab, acute care, home health, and intensive aphasia programs. Megan is co-author of the book Healing the Broken Brain: Leading Experts Answer 100 Questions about Stroke Recovery and has designed 20 speech therapy apps.
- Financial— Receives payment for this presentation. Megan Sutton is the Owner, director, and full-time employee of Tactus Therapy Solutions Ltd. Co-author of the book Healing the Broken Brain: Leading Experts Answer 100 Questions about Stroke Recovery in which she receives royalties.
- Nonfinancial— No relevant nonfinancial relationship exists.
Additional Info and FAQ:
Can I get continuing education for this webinar?
After watching the webinar, you will need to pass a short quiz with at least 80% accuracy to obtain credit for your participation. The link to the quiz will be emailed to you seperately. Once completed, we will email you a certificate of completion within 48 hours.
If you’d like to earn ASHA CEUs for the presentation, we can report your completion to ASHA. ASHA CEUs are awarded to those that meet eligibility criteria by the ASHA CE Registry upon receipt of the ASHA CEU Participant Form from the ASHA Approved CE Provider.
What is the Refund/Cancellation Policy?
Click here to view our policy: https://mobiledysphagiadiagnostics.com/cancellations-of-courses-and-events/
What can I do if I have a complaint?
Please contact us at email@example.com
Who is this webinar appropriate for?
The target audience for this webinar is licensed speech-language pathologists. There are no prerequisite skills or knowledge needed beyond the basic speech-language pathology training and licensing.
What if I need special accommodations?
If you require accommodations to access these materials due to a disability, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Aphasia Therapy Essentials Registration Form
*enter 00000000 if you do not know your ASHA number