A Review of Documenting and Report Writing for Dysphagia Instrumental Assessments (VFSS and FEES)
Presented by:Theresa Richard, M.A., CCC-SLP, BCS-S
After this webinar, you will be able to…
- Describe the anatomy, secretions, and movement of the anatomical structures on a report
- Describe the pathophysiologies related to various bolus consistencies on a report
- Identify postural, dietary, and behavioral modifications that can be trialed during an instrumental.
- 0-5 Minutes: Introduction
- 5-35 Minutes: Components of a FEES/VFSS report
- 35-55 Minutes: Sample reports of VFSS and FEES
- 55-60 Minutes: Q&A
ASHA Continuing Education Units (CEUs): This program is offered for 0.1 ASHA CEUs (Advanced level, Professional area)
Theresa Richard is a Board Certified Specialist in Swallowing and Swallowing Disorders, and owner and founder of Mobile Dysphagia Diagnostics. She has completed several Advanced FEES trainings, has been a visiting guest lecturer at many universities on the topic of FEES, and has been an invited speaker to several conferences on the topic. She is a member of the Dysphagia Research Society and is on the Education Committee as well as the Public Relations Committee of the American Board of Swallowing and Swallowing Disorders.
Theresa Richard is the owner of Mobile Dysphagia Diagnostics, the MedSLP Collective, and the Swallow Your Pride podcast.
- Financial— Owner of Mobile Dysphagia Diagnostics and the MedSLP Collective
- Nonfinancial—on the Education Committee and the Public Relations Committee of the American Board of Swallowing and Swallowing Disorders.
Additional Info and FAQ:
Can I get continuing education for this webinar?
After watching the webinar, you will need to pass a short quiz with at least 80% accuracy to obtain credit for your participation. The link to the quiz will be emailed to you seperately. Once completed, we will email you a certificate of completion within 48 hours.
If you’d like to earn ASHA CEUs for the presentation, we can report your completion to ASHA. ASHA CEUs are awarded to those that meet eligibility criteria by the ASHA CE Registry upon receipt of the ASHA CEU Participant Form from the ASHA Approved CE Provider.
What is the Refund/Cancellation Policy?
Click here to view our policy: https://mobiledysphagiadiagnostics.com/cancellations-of-courses-and-events/
What can I do if I have a complaint?
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Who is this webinar appropriate for?
The target audience for this webinar is licensed speech-language pathologists. There are no prerequisite skills or knowledge needed beyond the basic speech-language pathology training and licensing.
What if I need special accommodations?
If you require accommodations to access these materials due to a disability, please email us at email@example.com